Nostalgia

Nostalgia

When my heart feels like stone, 
I travel back in time to a childhood home.
You loved me unconditionally, steadfast
In  every season of my past,

Homesick, I peek through
Summer fields of fireflies to see you
Before fireworks light up and spark a familiar feeling. 
You're my favorite memory that needs healing. 

Among Autumn's changing colors swirling at my feet, 
Crisp air and crackling bonfires meet.
Even though I feel protected by your ghost, 
The colorful leaves make me miss you the most. 

Snowflakes and candlelight fill up holiday midnights.
Winter homes twinkle in cozy Christmas delights
Of sugar cookies, board games, and peppermints.
I snuggle up wishing to feel your faded fingerprints.

Springtime hope battles to bloom
Out of winter's frostbitten, cold, dark tomb.
I love you more today than yesterday, 
You're always with me guiding my way.

You hold my heart through every season that I roam,
I miss you deeply, you're my favorite poem. 
How long must I wait to feel peaceful
Being far from home in this adult sequel?

Shelly Ambrose

 Nostalgia Feelings



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Don't Be Afraid to Try Something New

Bright Light

Daring Greatly