Becoming I

 Becoming I


i
Am a romantic—willing to create
                              In favorable fate
With words that persuade
Others to live unafraid
A daydreamer, scribbling in the sky
Wordy wings learning  to fly

Give me a taste of creative insanity
That fulfills a wordsmith’s fantasy
                            Evoking memories
                               To last centuries
For my generation and yours
A rhyme that eternally endures

i
Glance at a feathered pen
That time and time again
Sits next to an unused typewriter
                       Like a fearless fighter
While I text talk thoughts that spin
Hypnotized- falling out and in
A deep, poetic feet
Where passion and wisdom meet


Where are my words bound?
Perhaps my echo will sound
Between poetic lines, two by two
                                So much to Do!

i
Edit a previous version of me
                   To set my soul free
Chiseling life with a pen
As I hold my heart open again


Shelly Ambrose
2019

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Don't Be Afraid to Try Something New

Slow Dance