Daring Greatly


Life prepares you for where you are going to be before you get there

Before I had the courage to leave unhealthy past workplaces, I almost memorized and would often passively aggressively post this quote:
"It is not the critic who counts: not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly, who errs and comes up short again and again, because there is no effort without error or shortcoming, but who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions, who spends himself in a worthy cause; who, at the best, knows, in the end, the triumph of high achievement, and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat.” T. R.
Two school years ago, I remembered my worth and as I walked to my car after a long overdue goodbye, I physically felt the locks of comfort zones and bad leadership crack open. They caused laughter I hadn’t experienced in a long time ! Laughingly, I walked to my car and joy’s electrical current reset my heart and passions a confirming peace began my healing process.
Although I was still one of the best and soared in dark places, I new I was made for more-
that I deserved more. I had a new plan that didn’t included people who didn’t understand growth or the educational arena. Little did I know everything that I had been journaling through and personally developing would become my reality. Now, I work in a consistent, healthy reality that promotes daily gratitude 
For the past few years, I’ve grown, learned from others, been appreciated, and created healthy connection. My leadership team has allowed me to ease back into using my talents in a way that no longer over extends me or doesn’t set me up for success. I no longer have to juggle 8 preps, yearbook, guidance, events, ...
or crazy or toxic vibes. 
MY school’s theme for the upcoming school year made me cry. It’s the quote !!
The words that pushed me toward my positive career change.
The words that challenged me to DARE GREATLY!
This is a powerful moment for me!!
Since 2019, I thought about this quote and now it’s a theme for the upcoming year.
Oh, I can't wait!
What a blessing this journey. I look forward to stepping into the arena with real educational gladiators and leaders who I can build with.
This chapter of my life is a beautiful gift! 
This was another quote that motivated me:
“If you are not in the arena getting your ass kicked on occasion, I am not interested in or open to your feedback. There are a million cheap seats in the world today filled with people who will never be brave with their own lives, but will spend every ounce of energy they have hurling advice and judgement at those of us trying to dare greatly. Their only contributions are criticism, cynicism, and fear-mongering. If you're criticizing from a place where you're not also putting yourself on the line, I'm not interested in your feedback.” BB

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Don't Be Afraid to Try Something New

Bright Light