See Me Whole

See Me Whole

In relationships people overthink
Before they finish a blink
Thinking how to upgrade
New feelings that won’t fade
The grass isn’t greener on the other side
It’s green where the water hits the soul inside
Real sparks can be found on this side or that
When communication is something one works at
Works through, works with-hand in hand
I just can’t understand
How sincere people are let go
Because real love grows slow
Everyone is in a race to a finish line
Plucking fruit off a vine
Before its ripped season
Without meaningful reason
I won’t settle for what doesn’t water my soul
I’d rather lay on hot coal
And feel something real
Than try to live up to an unrealistic ideal
Of what perfects connection
I’m not perfection
Just a work of art in progress
That doesn’t want to guess
What I mean to another heart
Willing to rip mine apart
I won’t settle for anything less
Than what will undress
My mind and heart first
Because you can’t quench your thirst
On something that fades
Or creates barricades
When you see my soul
You’ll see me whole

S. Ambrose, 2022

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Don't Be Afraid to Try Something New

Bright Light

Daring Greatly